Current Watches and Warnings
California, San Bernardino County Mountains
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 9:14 PM PDT on April 24, 2014
Expires 2:00 PM EDT on April 26, 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory now in effect from 8 PM Friday to
11 am PDT Saturday...
* snow levels... lowering from 7000 ft Friday evening to around
4500 to 5000 ft by early Saturday morning.
* Timing... snow showers beginning late Friday afternoon... heaviest
and most widespread Friday night. Showers tapering off by late
* Snow accumulations... a dusting around 5000 ft. 1 to 3 inches
from 6000 to 7500 ft... and up to 4 inches above 7500 ft.
* Winds... 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 50 mph. Gusts 70 mph or
greater possible along the ridges and through the favored canyons.
* Visibility... reduced to 1 mile or less at times in
snow... blowing snow... and fog.
* Impacts... travel will be hazardous at higher elevations of the
mountains due to snow on roadways and poor visibility. Chains
may be required in some areas.
* Outlook... snow showers will taper off late Saturday morning...
but winds will continue to be strong through Saturday evening.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow will cause
travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited
visibilities... and use caution while driving.
High Wind Warning
Statement as of 2:21 AM PDT on April 25, 2014
... High Wind Warning in effect from 3 PM this afternoon to 9 PM
The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a High Wind
Warning... which is in effect from 3 PM this afternoon to 9 PM PDT
Saturday. The high wind watch is no longer in effect.
* Winds... southwest to west winds 30 to 40 mph... gusting to 65
mph. Wind gusts of 70 mph or greater are possible in the more
* Timing... southwest to west winds increasing Friday afternoon...
peaking Friday night. Winds will slowly weaken Saturday
afternoon and evening before diminishing Saturday night.
* Location... strongest sustained winds along Mountain Ridge tops
and on adjacent desert slopes. Strong wind gusts will surface
occasionally to the desert floor.
* Visibility... reduced at times by blowing sand and dust in the
* Impacts... the winds will make driving difficult... especially for
motorists with high profile vehicles. Travel may be impacted
along 1-10 in the Coachella Valley and I-8 through the San Diego
County mountains... and along state highways 18 and 247 in San
Bernardino County. Watch for broken tree limbs and other debris
* Outlook... winds will begin to weaken late Saturday afternoon... but
remain gusty through Sunday morning
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Fire Weather Watch
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Record Report
- Maryland - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Special Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- New Jersey - Freeze Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Flood Warning
- North Carolina - Flood Advisory
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Fire Weather Watch
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Texas - High Wind Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Vermont - Flood Warning
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Public Information Statement